Cerebral Shangrila

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mohd.Rafi - 26 years later......

I can hear his voice almost everyday. But its been 26 long years since the man said goodbye to the world. On July 31,1980 , Mohd.Rafi breathed his last leaving millions of fans in distress. One of the greatest singers of hindi film world, Rafi's versatility still remains untouched.

More than being a great singer, Rafi is also remembered by his peers as a humble and ever-helping kind soul. Here is a tribute by 25 bollywood luminaries on Rafi's 26th ( I suspect this was written on his 25th) death anniversary.

At various points of my life, I have swayed between Rafi,Kishore,Hemant as my "Most favorite Singer (hindi)". Wherever my loyalties lie, Rafi definitely stands there up above in that list and the voice continues to mesmerize me as ever !

3 Comments:

  • hail to the great man! my fav rafi tracks are 'tere mere sapne', 'din dhal jaye' and a load of the songs he sung for rajender kumar and shammi kapoor..

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 3:00 PM  

  • Yeah Great Singer...

    By Blogger ILA (a) இளா, at 7:06 PM  

  • abhi - hundreds of great songs to remember.For me its the Dev anand numbers from 50's and " Zindagi Bhar nahin" .

    By Blogger Cogito, at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home