Cerebral Shangrila

Monday, August 04, 2003

P.G.WODEHOUSE

What kind of Books do you read ? Who is your favourite Author ? ... As a Voracious Bibliophile , I have been asked this question numerous times and everytime I have fumbled for an answer.

What do I read ? --- Practically anything I can get my hands on , although these days I read less of fiction & more of Biographies , Business , Wildlife & Culture / Travel Books.

Who is my Favourite Author ? -- Definitely I do not have an asnwer for this . Every author has his own Distinct style & at various times I have liked most of them . But I do definitely know that "P.G.Wodehouse" remains perched somewhere at the top of that list.

He is the master of Humour & satire and subtle comedy . It always takes me a long time to finish a Wooster & Jeeves Novel because most of the time you have read between or into the lines to get the hidden subtle humour . His prolificity has never ceased to amaze me and "Wooster & Jeeves"stand out as the two most immortal fictional characters to have been created in English literature. I am a Succor for comedy. Most of my Favourite movies (be it in English or Hindi or Tamil) are comedy movies and hence its no wonder that P.G has had such a deep impact on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home