Cerebral Shangrila

Friday, October 10, 2003

SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY

As an Elected member of the Social Services Committee in my office , I had the privilege to Visit a Couple of Schools in S.Delhi being Run by Deepalaya an NGO for the Slum & under-privileged Children. The Children were really cute & full of talent. Such trips have really been a eye-opener for me as to how much needs to be still done for the upliftment of Destitutes & poor. I feel as if I live in a Parallel world full of Glitz & glamour (Most of us are unaware of the Society around us ) , whereas I hardly live 10 kms away from these Slums. We are hoping to do some Volunteer work for them on weekends & also some Material / Monetary Contribution.

Such Visits leave you deeply questioning your priorities in life & purpose of Humanity in General. We have to admit that we owe something back to the Society & let us all start making some Contribution , however minor it is , to make a Difference to the Society & make the world a better living place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home