Cerebral Shangrila

Friday, November 28, 2003

LIFE COULD BE CRUEL

There are some moments in life when you are left speechless by Grief & shock. I had one such moment yesterday & realised how cruel life could be.

It all started a few weeks back when I saw a posting in our Company Intranet asking for a Blood Donor (B Positive Grp)to donate to a two year old kid immediately in need of Blood. I contacted the colleague who had posted it since my Blood Group was B positive . She immediately took me to the Hospital where the Kid was Admitted. I learnt that the kid was suffering from a sudden drop in Blood platelets & the Doctors were suspecting an initial cancer growth. When I visited the kid , he was tenuously holding to his mother's dupatta and sleeping on her Lap (Seems he didn't want to leave his mother and wanted to sleep that way and not on the Bed) . However another Donor's Blood matched and hence they told me mine wasn't needed. I left the Hospital giving them my Contact numbers and asking them to contact me in case they needed more Blood. I felt an overwhelming sympathy for that kid and their family and wished all would get well.

I met my colleague a week later and she informed me that the Kid had been shifted to AIIMS since he had Cancer and they were considering chemotherapy to cure the ailment . I met her again accidentally yesterday and asked her how the kid was doing. She answered that the boy had died Yesterday because the Cancer had spread very fast and he had developed numerous other complications like pneumonia . I was left numb with shock and the image of the boy kept flashing in my mind throughout yesterday .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home