Cerebral Shangrila

Saturday, December 13, 2003

MAGNANIMITY

This is Continuation of my earlier post. I had gone to a Slum to distribute clothes to the kids. I stepped out of the car & found this 7 year old girl who was looking at me with curiosity. I took out a frock to give to her but realised it was too small for her. She cutely went inside the Hut and brought a 3 year old to whom the frock was an exact fit. I asked her what her name was & she said Gori. Gori was not even expecting another piece of frock from me nor was she sad that the earlier frock didn't fit her. I was moved by her Magnanimity ( Beacuse a few minutes earlier at another place people were litreally plucking from our hands clothes of all sizes irrespective of whether it fits them or not) . I offered her a bigger frock and she became so happy that she put it on immediately and started Dancing . I have taken a nice photo of it and the sheer joy on her face was unparalleled. I learnt a valuable lesson : Great people not necessarily need to be rich or educated or aged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home