Cerebral Shangrila

Friday, December 12, 2003

TEDDY

Today is the Birthday of my Dog - Teddy . She has been with us for the last eight years & is an integral part of our family. Although I have been away from my family the last six years , I still adore her & she still Considers me to be her absolute master.

It was in the first week of Jan'96 when my uncle asked if we wanted a German Shepherd pup since his boss's dog had just given birth to six pups. I had always been a big lover of pets , but it was my brother who made a strong pitch and the next day we found this cute little pup amidst us. I didn't know what to name it , but it looked so cute and resembled a Teddy Bear straight out of the Shop with Black Coat & brown legs that I decided to name her Teddy . The initial months were difficult but she adapted quickly to her surroundings and has ever since been a Loyal & disciplined dog. She still fusses over food a lot & craves attention much the same way we humans do.

In 1997 she gave birth to seven cute looking pups and I can never forget the next two months when my entire household turned into a circus with eight dogs roaming all around.

But to have a Dog is an ultimate pleasure in life. I have never known what unconditional love is until having a dog of my own. Its an immensly satisfying experience playing with her or talking her for a walk . I have terribly missed her over the last few years and always feel elated when I have to visit Madras.

One piece of Trivia : The entire Tamil nadu celebrates her birthday because afterall its Rajinikanth's Birthday too !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home