Cerebral Shangrila

Saturday, January 10, 2004

CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)

We all owe something back to the society . Because after all the society has been responsible to a larger extent in our upbringing and also as a privileged lot we need to give back to the under-privileged. Never give money to the poor , educate him or give him the skill to earn that money . Illiteracy is the biggest evil plaguing modern India and is the root cause of most of our social evils. Let us dream of an India with literacy , social equality & prosperity .

These were my thoughts when I was elected to Social Services Committee at my office 6 months back . Thanks to my company , I got an opportunity to work with the under-privileged and the last six months have been very fulfilling since I have spent a lot of Quality time with them and initiated a lot of projects aimed at their well-being. So it was with increasing interest that I read the article on CSR in last week's Business World. Its good to see so many companies giving back to the society . Let us redeem our Tryst with Destiny .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home