Cerebral Shangrila

Sunday, January 11, 2004

Langue desordre ( Language Confusion)

I realize one thing now . I know no language perfectly . My mother tongue is Tamil . At work , we are learning the Phonetics of English to help us neutralize our accent . I am of course learning Hindi everyday by constantly communicating with Colleagues and friends . Now , started learning French on Weekends at Alliance Francaise , N.Delhi .

My English Tutor tells me I speak English too fast . There is a strong Indian influence in my English .

My Friends & colleagues tell me my Hindi lacks the Haa's & Bha's and sounds like a typical Madrasi Hindi .

Our French Tutor of course is working on making us forget our English , so that we could understand & pronounce French properly.

Thankfully my Tamil still remains tolerable else I would have wondered what the heck have I been doing last 20 odd years .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home