Cerebral Shangrila

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Noida - Capitalism at work

I am in a happy mood today . Two reasons , I had power all day today after a hellish last two weeks where I had power supply at my house only for 100 Hours out of the total 336 Hours (two weeks) ( Tough to believe but then that is Noida , Its hell during peak summer & winter ) and the other reason being the Sun shone out brightly today after almost a month of extreme cold .

Noida is a perfect example of Capitalism . They rob the poor & reward the rich . I live in the Outskirts of Noida close to my office. Hence our Area goes without power for almost 12 hours a day during peak winter & summer so that people in affluent areas could remain cozy in their Heaters,Geysers or AC's . Its like a trip back to stone age when you have power only from 10pm to 6 am ( When you don't need it !!) . If Noida , which is the Industrial Base and one of the most affluent areas of UP suffers this fate , I shudder to think of Rural UP & Bihar and the other cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home