Cerebral Shangrila

Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Punjabi Wedding

Yesterday I happened to attend a marriage of my Dad's friend's daughter . My dad's friend is a Sardarji & this was the first time I was attending a Sikh Wedding. The remarkable aspect is that the wedding was just a 3 Hours affair (When compared to the Tam - Bram weddings which are 2.5 Days !!) . There was the Baraat followed by Reception for 30 minutes and then the Anand Karaj (Traditional wedding) where they go around the Guru Granth Sahib .

The Lunch was delicious with upto 100 varieties of everything from fast food , fruits, Roti , Side Dishes , Rice , Sweets , Ice Creams , Juices etc. The Fried Ice-Cream in particular was delicious. They take the ice-cream & dip it in Cream and then roll it over powdered coconut and then fry it in Oil for 3 seconds . So the final product is fried lightly outside & cold inside . First time ever in my life saw Ice-cream being fried !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home