Cerebral Shangrila

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Education of Poor

Most of the Social evils plaguing India owe their roots to illiteracy . As the Chairman of the Social Services Committee at my office, I have been fortunate to work with a lot of NGO's which has given me some understanding of how things work at the grass root level. I have been associated with the NGO,Deepalaya in Delhi since last few months.

It had been on my mind since last few months to sponsor a poor child at one of their schools. Finally , I put that thought into action today and I would be sponsoring a girl Child's education ( 5 Year old hailing from a very poor family) from this academic year . India's future lies in how fast we abridge the chasm between the literate & the illiterate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home