Cerebral Shangrila

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

What do I do ? - A perspective

I go to work at 2pm.I arrive back from work at Midnight.I get Dropped at home by a Qualis.So I should be working for a Call centre ! This is a popular conclusion most of my neighbors have drawn about me.All my efforts of explaining to them what I do have been met with more stranger Questions and a sense of incomprehension of IT Industry.When I tell them I work in the Storage & Enterprise Backup Team Supporting a Data Center,their understanding is further confounded.

I find it strange to keep an alarm to wake up at 8am.I see the Sunrise only during my trips on the weekends.I talk to my friends more through email/chat than through Phone.I eat food when I have time rather than when I should be.I have my Dinner at 11pm.I interact with more Americans than Indians at workplace.

In short , I am a victim of the Outsourcing Wave which has swept numerous Indians like me off their normal life.

3 Comments:

  • Nakkal Nagarajan (http://nakkal.blogspot.com) writes:
    Your experience is really maddening. Just a grim reminder of what IT outsourcing is doing to the intellectual capital of our nation - make them do routine odd-hour jobs, waste the intellect but derive benefits of the work put in...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 PM  

  • Hey,

    Why are you worried man? You are going to be in this mess for another 20 days and you are cribbing about this!

    By Blogger Aravinth, at 8:42 PM  

  • Interesting schedule :))
    BTW checked out ur webshots gallery.Nice pics.

    By Blogger Pooja, at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home