Cerebral Shangrila

Friday, June 04, 2004

Doctors & Handwriting

The aftereffects of the Gangotri Trip have been disastrous. I have been suffering from food poisoning ( Thanks to the Dhabas)for the last few days.Decided to visit the In-House Doctor who visits my office in the evenings.I started by telling him how I got sick and the Conversation veered more towards my travel pursuits rather than my sickness.

He prescribed some medicines to me. I don't know what is it that is between Doctors & Bad Handwriting . Do they include it as an elective in all Medical colleges ? ( on the Converse,do all pharmacists attend a course on how to decipher illegible handwriting ? ).

It reminded me of One of Vivek's (Tamil Comedian) movies.Vivek is a first year Medical Student in the movie.Sorry Non-Tam Guys. The following conversation is in Tamil.

Other person : Coughs
Vivek : Ennada Irumbara . Udambu Seri Illaya ? Naan Konjum Mathare Ezhudi Tharen .
Other person : Enna Ayya Ezhudhinadhu Onnume puriyalaye ?
Vivek : Dai Doctor-na Ezhudinadhu puriya Koodathuda. Vicks-a thaan appadi surukki surkki ezhudhinen !

6 Comments:

  • Haha....I saw that movie. Comedy was awesome and vivek also uses his comedy for spreading social messages.

    By Blogger kaatss, at 9:44 AM  

  • I'll laugh out of courtesy though I dont understand that conversation:)
    Anyway, I agree with your thoughts on doctors and bad handwriting.

    By Blogger Pooja, at 4:28 PM  

  • Translate that comedy and post it. Non-tams' will also enjoy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 PM  

  • Other person : Coughs
    Vivek : Why are you coughing? Are you sick. I will write medicines for you
    Other person: Sir, I cannot understand whatever you wrote
    Vivek : Hey, whatever a doctor writes should not be understood. Its just vicks, which i have written in circles (kinda fun lost in translation, but close to actual description)

    By Blogger kaatss, at 6:48 PM  

  • Thanks Karthick for the Translation.

    By Blogger Cogito, at 10:31 PM  

  • No problemo

    By Blogger kaatss, at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home