Cerebral Shangrila

Friday, August 20, 2004

If Subjects were stocks ...

Time is a myth.Suddenly it seems "so long ago" that I used to be a Computer Network Engineer.The B-school student life just awakes you from the stupor and takes you on a frenzied ride of case studies,presentations & Class Preparation.It teaches you newer laws of time,hierarchy,economics,thrift & interests.

My dreams are filled with (nightmares !) Economics,Finance,Operations & Accountancy these days. The above four are the subjects that I have taken for this trimester . If I were a Financial analyst this is how I would rate my performance (on a Scale of 1 to 5 ,1 meaning I am doing great and 5 meaning I am doing Bad) in the subjects so far (stocks) :

1. Operations Mgmt : I am bullish on this . I have doing very well . got mostly A's till now in Cases,Class Participation & assignments.We have a Great Prof (IIT-IIM and Ph.D from Ivy league) who teaches very well.Rating : 1

2. Financial Management : I am doing quite well. Understanding the concepts quite well and my trivia knowledgebase (Quiz trivia) is also of some help.Rating : 2

3 & 4 . Accountancy & Economics : I am doing quite ok in Accountancy.However to become a master, I need to work hard further since I have zero prior knowledge on this subject. Economics is the biggest challenge.I find the subject too abstract and intangible at times. need to pull up my socks.Rating : 3 .

So end result is I need to work hard on Accountancy & economics.The biggest irony of all this is that my Mom is an economics major & my dad is a chartered accountant !

2 Comments:

  • As the water falling from sky reaches the sagar,all the worship you do any God reaches only Lord Krishna similarly what you read finally u have to end up with only finance and accountancy APPA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 AM  

  • a

    By Blogger தி. ரா. ச.(T.R.C.), at 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home