Cerebral Shangrila

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Licensed to Drive !

After a marathon test and suspense of two weeks , finally got my Singapore Driving License (Rather got my US Driving License converted to a Singapore one).Had to pass a theory test which had a CAT Like circling test with 90% as pass marks (Thank god unlike CAT, I Cleared this in the first attempt ! ) .So I am switching sides ( US Vs Singapore Driving Style).

Strange as it seems I have never driven a car in India (Partly because I started driving only in the US and hence never found the manual gear system comfortable and also because I never owned a vehicle in India ).The few bleak attempts in India have been met with high fear among the co-passengers & pedestrians and hence decided not to persist !

Also got a mobile phone connection after thinking,counter-thinking & re-thinking (Though I don't understand economics that well have started applying it to all expenses I do ! ). The Income Statement so far as a student looks one-sided with no revenues but only expenses.Thinking of asking for some foreign aid from World bank or something ........(Aiyya saami ..konjam ..)

6 Comments:

  • Hello, Gongrates for succesfully got the driving license!..Seekkirama oru second hand car vangunga. And if you need someone to pick in the car, get suggestion from Ila..:-)--Durai

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:32 PM  

  • i want to quote the dialogue of Vivek here':


    "Eppadi irunda Arun Ippadi Agittan"

    i knew you will be going for all those stuff since you said you were dating a french girl ;)

    By Blogger gormandizer, at 6:45 PM  

  • i want to quote the dialogue of Vivek here':


    "Eppadi irunda Arun Ippadi Agittan"

    i knew you will be going for all those stuff since you said you were dating a french girl ;)

    By Blogger gormandizer, at 6:45 PM  

  • Dating a French girl? Anyone I know? ;-)

    Congratulations on getting your license. I haven't bothered, public transport is good enough for me...

    Carp.

    By Blogger Bogatyr, at 12:04 AM  

  • Durai , Thanks for visiting my blog.Ungal Padham pattuadhu yen blogukku perumai !

    Venkat, Dai French-la date-a yenakku solla theriyadhu , idhula dating veraya ..

    Carp , Thanks for the congrats. Gormandizer & I learnt french together and that is where my connection to french starts & ends unfortunately

    By Blogger Cogito, at 9:30 AM  

  • Thatz cool! Nalla Driving-a ensoi pannunga!

    BTW... Yaara andha French ponnu? Sollave illa!

    By Blogger R, Venkatachalam, at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home