Cerebral Shangrila

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Internet addiction

Its an addiction most techies (and a host of others) suffer from. The addiction to spend long hours on the internet. Ever since I bought a laptop here , I have fallen a victim to this addiction too. There is no doubt that Internet is great , with so much of information and connectivity to friends & relatives. However,If I look at Being Online more scientifically , I define a "threshold time" on internet . Beyond the threshold time whatever time I spend online results in very less value addition. But every time I keep Breaking my " Threshold Time".

I remember a roomie of mine who always used to be online on messengers at work and used to come back from work and immediately (Without even having refreshments) go online again at home.Different people have different sub addictions.Some are addicted to messengers , Some to News sites,Some to online games,Some to emails,some to blogging (?),some to newsgroups and so on. I was surprised to read about an institute which offers counseling to internet addiction.

So my birthday resolution (Today is my birthday ! ) is not to exceed my "Threshold time" from now on.

7 Comments:

  • Hey, Many more happy returns of the day!!! How many times you have NOT given up on your resolutions so far.? ;-)

    By Blogger Nayag, at 4:26 PM  

  • Birthday Wishes coming your way Sir, kindly accept 'em:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 PM  

  • Birthday Wishes coming your way Sir, kindly accept 'em:)

    ~Pooja
    http://pshirolikar.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 PM  

  • Many more happy returns of the day Arun. Send me a piece of the cake will ya?

    By Blogger kaatss, at 2:24 AM  

  • Thanks a lot Nayag,Pooja & Kaats.

    By Blogger Cogito, at 10:39 AM  

  • so one more birthday for you to become younger.... did you do something useful on the day or just dating around??

    Anyway Inia Pirandha naal nal Vazthukal.
    By the way what is your age now?? let the secret out to your blog viewers, edavadhu sirukki matrala parppom atleast after reading what you write than seeing you :).

    By Blogger gormandizer, at 11:18 PM  

  • Thanks venky ! Age will always be a secret(Thanks pushti kaayakalpam ! ).Blog ellam parthu onnum nadakaara madhiri theriyala..

    By Blogger Cogito, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home