Cerebral Shangrila

Sunday, November 21, 2004

E-mail revolution

The free e-mail users never had it so good. In a matter of few months there have been drastic changes in the mailbox sizes and mode of access.It all started with the giant killer Gmail launching its 1GB mail service. Yahoo quickly increased its mailbox size to 100 MB.Rediffmail followed suit with 1 GB. Hotmail finally reacted and increased the mailbox size to 250 MB (They are doing it in phases , I have two Hotmail accounts , one is still 2 MB while the other has been upgraded). Gmail announced its plan to allow users access their mailboxes via POP3 protocol.

I love Gmail's POP3 & Hotmail's http features.It allows me to access my mails via Outlook express & Mozilla Thunderbird ( Mail Client with Mozilla Firefox browser).The Convenience of a mail client makes me prompt in replying to mails,allows me to search mails easily and configure fonts,signatures etc.. More than anything , it makes life simple and saves time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home