Cerebral Shangrila

Monday, December 06, 2004

Golden Buddha Posted by Hello



It is worth its weight in Gold. Literally. I took this photo at the Wat Traimit temple in Bangkok,Thailand (During my Thai visit in Oct'04). This is the world's largest solid gold buddha image and is worth US$ 14 Million ( Around 65 Crore Indian Rupees). .This image is 3 meters tall & weighs 5.5 ton of solid gold. It gleamed like no other gold artifact I've ever seen.

The image still lingers in my mind or as John Keats said " A thing of beauty is a joy forever" !

2 Comments:

  • Hmm, must have been magnificient
    Have you ever been to the Golden Temple ? I havent, but was wondering how it must gleam

    By Blogger Pooja, at 3:55 PM  

  • Pooja, Yeah I have been to Amritsar. That was another unforgetable place. Particularly seeing the " shadow" of the Golden temple on the Holy Pond !

    By Blogger Cogito, at 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home