Cerebral Shangrila

Sunday, December 05, 2004

MTR - Rava Idli

I had just finished eating my lunch at Woodlands in Singapore a few weeks ago and a pamphlet was thrust into my hands . The pamphlet was about "Namma MTR" , MTR's new restaurant Chain. It had these catchy words in Bold.

What was the result of Second World War ? The birth of Rava Idli . The story goes that during second world war, rice was in shortage and hence the chefs at MTR had tested an idli out of Rava and was thus born the famous " MTR Rava Idli". I remember when I was young whenever we used to visit Bangalore , we used to visit the MTR near Lalbagh and I always ordered Rava Idli ( I used to love the Cashews,Kothamalli in the Rava Idli and the Chutneys used to be awesome) . So it was pretty interesting to know the origins of Rava Idli.

P.S : For all the Non-Indians, Idli (Steamed Rice Cakes) is a famous breakfast dish in South India .

3 Comments:

  • Yummy yummy ......they are the best man.....its so easy to make too....

    By Blogger kaatss, at 1:43 AM  

  • ha, you guys are making me hungry again :-)

    By Blogger Cogito, at 10:47 PM  

  • Ah! Isnt it the same Kanchipuram Idli?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home