Cerebral Shangrila

Thursday, January 20, 2005

B-School Diary -- Recruitments

Isn't that the Holy Grail in B-schools ? Although its been less than six months since I commenced my MBA , I have already started keeping my ears & eyes open for part-time jobs. I am averse to taking any heavy job right now since I am already loaded with five subjects. So I am on the lookout for some good part-time jobs ( More like a TA since I love teaching) either inside the campus or Outside.

Most of my batchmates are also taking it easy till the summer when most of (June) us would be targetting "Summer" Internships & Full-time Jobs. The B-school is also sprucing up its Placement Services ( Though most feel we still need to do a lot to equal the craze at IIM's) and we have had some good companies which have visited our campus in the last few weeks.

A.T.Kearney ( Management Consultancy) was there yesterday & we had site visits to Cisco & Accenture a few weeks ago. BCG & DBS had also come to the Campus ( Though more for the UG's).

So , do I have some dream companies ? of course , I do . But more on it later.

4 Comments:

  • Dude

    im envious

    Hari

    By Blogger Srihari SN, at 2:05 PM  

  • Dei, I hope you never have the habit of working!!! in case of a part time job you really have to work.....I'm quite perplexed with that decision of yours, also you are doing an MBA which also teaches not to work. I think the situation is grave so better drop the idea of part time !!!

    By Blogger gormandizer, at 4:01 PM  

  • Hari,

    It looks good but hope the trend persists.

    Oscillator,

    The IB's are yet to come.

    Gormandizer,

    Enna ozhunga purinjindavan nee ondi thaan . Namma Dream company is " Lonely Planet" or " Discovery Channel" !!

    By Blogger Cogito, at 10:49 AM  

  • Actually the "Dream" list is quite long . Will post on it someday .

    By Blogger Cogito, at 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home