Cerebral Shangrila

Monday, January 31, 2005

MS-Office lets me down

If there is one software you need to know well as an MBA , then it is undoubtedly MS-Office. With the myriad project submissions,presentations & spreadsheet work the Word,Excel,Powerpoint skills are tested at every stage.

Unfortunately I am very mediocre in MS-Office. I never really cared much for it during my IT years and its costing me badly now. Its high time I either grab a good book on MS-Office or attend a training. This ranting is a result of submerged work of project submissions during the weekend when I felt seriously handicapped by my MS-Office skills. How I wish speech recognition was a reality today ( I speak and the docs & ppt's are auto generated from the audio inputs ....Is MS working on it ? )

5 Comments:

  • I think most of the today's comps comes with an IBM Speech recognition software..but then it is jus a Notepad application...I dont know whether u can get a PPT made by voice commands...but it would sure by a great boost to MBA...sure...

    By Blogger Krish, at 11:51 PM  

  • http://www-306.ibm.com/software/voice/viavoice/

    By Blogger Bogatyr, at 12:53 AM  

  • Thanks Guys ! Looks like my dream will soon turn into a reality ..

    By Blogger Cogito, at 10:11 PM  

  • We have been having something called the "office secretary" for so many years now, who does the same things that you are wishing MS would do!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

  • Yeah, u r right. Its my Laziness which is the cause of ignorance .

    By Blogger Cogito, at 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home