Cerebral Shangrila

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Subjects for next trimester

Yesterday was the D-day to choose the subjects for the next trimester. I have chosen :

1. Competitive Strategy ( Strict but knowledgable Prof, needs a lot of Hard Work)
2. Business Process Management ( The topic says it all , the engine of the Outsurcing saga)
3. Business Research & Statistics ( Great Prof and supposed to be his best subject )
4. Managing Organisational Change ( Soft-skilled course more on the lines of management consulting , taken by a NZ prof who worked for E&Y ) .
5. I am Confused ?? ....Confused whether to take Strategy Implementation ( If I take this course I major in Strategy or else I end up doing a general MBA ) or Entrepreneurship ( I want to take this course since I want to start something on my own later in my career but as usual my Tam-bram risk-averse traits are advising me to be pragmatic rather than ambitious ! ) .

Any advice ? ( More on Risk-aversion & fear of failure later ........)

2 Comments:

  • I'm with Confused on this - I think that being an entrepreneur isn't something we're going to learn in a classroom. Maybe it'll help to do the course if you have a specific project in mind. Ask the professor how many past students have gone on to start their own company! My feeling is that strategy will be of more use immediately post-MBA, and that when you want to be an entrepreneur you'll just go ahead and do it anyway.

    Carp

    By Blogger Bogatyr, at 12:35 AM  

  • Thanks a lot for the advice guys . Gotta a month to ponder over this !

    By Blogger Cogito, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home