Cerebral Shangrila

Friday, February 18, 2005

Exams - The Good,Bad and the ugly

Exams are like a Clint Eastwood Movie, they can be good or bad or ugly.People don't talk about the good ones, forget the bad ones and crib about the ugly ones. Finally, my second trimester exams got over today. Most of my subjects went off very well except today's exam -- Managerial Accounting ( Costing ). Costing didn't interest me too much from the start , though later I realized it was actually a good subject ( But by then it was too late ! ). The exam was tough to finish in the given time and due to the time constraint , I realized , I made some costly mistakes. Really unhappy about my performance and had to vent out the frustration !

Anyways, looking forward , I have 10 days of Vacation. Surprisingly I haven't planned any trip yet , though will mull over travel destinations this weekend. Grabbed a few DVD's ( David Lean's " Great Expectations" , Akira Kurosawa's " Akahige (Red Beard)" , Guru Dutt's "Kaagaz Ke Phool" and a few books ( Scott Adams's " The Dilbert Priniciple" , Ray Bradbury's " Fahrenheit 451" , Aldous Huxley's " Brave New World" ) to keep me busy during the weekend & Vacation . Also got to start applying for my summer internships soon.

4 Comments:

  • Dude,

    There is always next time - good luck for ur next exams :), happy watching/reading, altogether enjoy r vacation

    Hari

    By Blogger Srihari SN, at 10:37 PM  

  • hi...
    i ve been readin ur articles in this web page for the past one month.u r doing a great job.i request u to talk about a programme on ndtv about using humans(indians in particular)for clinical tests.if u had watched that programme broadcasted on 20.2.05 i.e sunday, i request u to share ur views about the topic.
    regards,
    anamika

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:30 AM  

  • Anamika,

    Thanks for reading my Blog. I do not live in India and hence never got to watch that programme.However, I remember a similar topic being discussed by " Barkha Dutt" last year .Am not sure if I am qualified to comment before analysing all the details.

    By Blogger Cogito, at 9:07 AM  

  • Hari, Thanks .

    By Blogger Cogito, at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home