Cerebral Shangrila

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Blogs -- BusinessWeek Posted by Hello



The Blog world is cheering. The latest BusinessWeek issue has a Cover Story on Blogs and its impact on businesses. The Cover Story is written in a blog style and is pretty interesting. The story also introduces lot of blog terms like " Moblogging (Mobile Blogging)", " Vlogging (Video Logging)" , " Dooced (An expression used when someone loses a job because of blogging)", "Flogs" (Fake Blogs) and RSS,Blogger,Creative Commons to the uninitiated.

I am a bit disappointed that the article did not focus on " Yakkers and Hobbyists" because there is a tremendous information dissemination potential and expertise hidden there which the businesses covet . Also they could be the seeds for tomorrow's entrepreneurial ideas and thoughts.

Lots of my fellow students started asking me questions about blogging after seeing the cover story. Its surprising that from our class only Carp and I are regular bloggers.

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, I've really been surprised at that as well. Although, we should add: we're the only people we know of who are blogging in English :-) Still, even two bloggers isn't bad - nobody is actively blogging at NUS, and only a few at INSEAD...

    I have no idea if anybody from our course is reading my blog - I stopped recording hits from NTU IP addresses cos my own visits were distorting the stats so much.

    By Blogger Bogatyr, at 3:28 PM  

  • hi

    read this as well...

    http://dreamstores.blogspot.com/2005/04/another-level-for-bloggers.html

    By Blogger Ram C, at 12:28 PM  

  • Carp, Yeah there could be Mandarin blogs. Btw, not many people know the URL of my (our) blogs. They only know that I blog.

    ram.c , Interesting thought.

    By Blogger Cogito, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home