Cerebral Shangrila

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Book Tagging

Is it the new wave sweeping blogosphere ? Thanks to kaats & krish for tagging me. Music and Books have been my best friends in my nomadic existence. Since I have been constantly on the move in the past decade , I have stopped owning books and instead seek the Public Library in whichever city I relocate to.

Total Books I own : Must be around 500 or so. As I have said earlier, I have stopped owning books these days and most of the Books that I own were accumulated years ago and lie in my bedroom in Chennai , which I rarely visit :-)

Last Few Books I bought :

1. Lonely Planet India (A Comprehensive travel guide of India)

2. Collins English - French Dictionary

Last Book(s) I was Gifted :

1. The Virtue of Selfishness by Ayn Rand & The new new thing : A silicon valley story by Michael Lewis .Btw, Thanks Carp !

Last Book I Read :

The Indispensable Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson

Currently Reading :

I mostly tend to read 2-3 books at a time. I am currently reading :

1. Capitalism & Freedom by Milton Friedman

2. Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling

3. Nylon Kayiru by Sujatha (Tamil)

4. Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell

Five Books that mean a lot to me :

Honestly , its tough to pick five because there are so many of them . However , let me give it a try :

1. Ponniyin Selvan by Kalki

2. The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

3. 1984 by George Orwell

4. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

5. Lost Horizon by James Hilton

Tag five people and have them do this on their Blogs :

1. Ram

2. Kaps

3. Ram.C

4. Venkat

5. Twin Gemini

Long live books , authors and bibliophiles !

8 Comments:

  • thanks Cogito...

    will work on this new wave..

    By Blogger Ram C, at 11:20 AM  

  • Cogito, thanks for stopping by at ChennaiCentral. From having seen the Sing Bloggers Meet, at least I can now put a face to your online handle, if not your name :-)

    By Blogger Krish, at 10:09 AM  

  • Thanx Cogito for taking up the Tag!!
    Ponniyin Selvan is a timeless classic and a marvel of a work...no wonder it is in the list of almost all Tamil Bloggers!

    By Blogger Krish, at 11:50 AM  

  • wowoow..cant thank you enough for tht link to calvin n hobbes!Just love tht!thnx man!

    By Blogger ESIH, at 12:12 PM  

  • Ram.c -- Sure do.

    Arch -- Thanx for stopping by.

    Thennavan -- I guess there is nothing "cerebral" about the face :-)

    Krish -- Its a Classic . I think they should include "Ponniyin Selvan" in the school textbooks (as non-detail text)so that everyone gets a chance to read this immortal work ..

    Susmita -- C&H are awesome ! Great creativity ..

    By Blogger Cogito, at 10:19 PM  

  • Cogito,

    Finally managed to complete the book tag. Do read it here.

    http://sambharmafia.blogspot.com/2005/06/book-tagged.html

    By Blogger Kaps, at 3:12 PM  

  • Thanks Kaps !

    By Blogger Cogito, at 3:01 PM  

  • Cogito, Finally got the book tag done :-)

    By Blogger Twin-Gemini, at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home