Cerebral Shangrila

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Antakshari & Annu Kapoor

I think it must be the longest running show on Indian TV. I used to be a big fan of the Antakshari show on the Zee TV and If I am right the show has been around for more than 12 years now. A big part of the success is due to the bubbly hosts of the show and in particular the male host -- Annu kapoor. Annu is a geniune lover of hindi cinema, bubbly anchor & a decent singer -- the key essential qualities needed to host a music programme.

I learnt most of my hindi film song repertoire by watching the Anatakshari & Sa re ga ma shows on TV. Though I initially felt that Annu over-acted (or sounded melodramatic) in the show, I later discovered a true lover of music . Both Sa re ga ma & Antakshari has brought a lot of singers to the light who have later become successful singers in Bollywood. May the show go on !

Rediff has a write-up on Annu Kapoor.

2 Comments:

  • ya annu kapoor anchors well but his voice is pathetic... Itz an excellent show.. it helped me in fine tuning my hindi & also 2 listen 2 the yesteryear songs...

    By Blogger Hell's Angel, at 10:59 PM  

  • He has got a "OK" voice..

    By Blogger Cogito, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home