Cerebral Shangrila

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

An evening to remember

I know it sounds cliche, but "it's a small world" . Thanks a lot to Bala for inviting me to the Deepavali get-together at his home. I hardly know Bala. Bala apparently reads my blog regularly and recently moved from U.K to Singapore. we had been planning to meet in person and diwali gave us a chance for that.

A big surprise was awaiting me there. Bala's bro-in-law turned out to be my lecturer during college days at SVCE ( Venkateswara college of engg,Chennai).He was also a family friend having lived in the same street as my mom's family in Katpadi near Vellore (TN). Also happened to meet Joslin,a fellow blogger (http://spaces.msn.com/members/topoftheword/) and ex-colleague of Bala .He works for Cisco and knew most of my co-students who are interning there. Another interesting person whom I met was Christian, an Irish research scientist , who knows a lot about tamil movies !

The topics discussed ranged from neuroscience to illayaraja's oratorio to tamil movie scene to IP telephony and outsourcing . I had an absolutely fabulous time and as I said earlier " It's a small world".

3 Comments:

  • As it turned out, all had some common links there. An interesting turnout and a lively celebration by all means!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:53 PM  

  • it will become too Small after your marriage. at that moment Family will be your World, nothing else. So enjoy the world before your marriage

    By Blogger ILA (a) இளா, at 7:27 PM  

  • peace -- gormand deserves it :-)

    Joslin -- wonderful meeting u.

    ila -- sir. I will vow to be different.

    By Blogger Cogito, at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home