Cerebral Shangrila

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The nice guy who finished first

The timing couldn't have been better. "The Great Wall of India" is at an all-time high and the Publishers have taken note of it. Rupa Publishers have released a book titled " The Nice Guy Who Finished First - A Biography of Rahul Dravid" . Outlook has a brief review on the book.

I can't think of any other cricketer who can be a better role model for aspiring young players. Dravid is a combination of Hardwork,dedication,"perfect" technique,composure & intellect. If my life is at stake and I want someone to bat for my life, then it would be Rahul Dravid. There’s more to Dravid than just his superb batsmanship. His interest in wildlife conservation and his campaign to spread HIV-AIDS awareness and polio eradication, for instance.

During my high school days I used to be crazy about cricket books and even maintained a cricket photo album of all international cricketers. The Craze is gone these days but I wouldn't mind reading this book.

5 Comments:

  • he deserves for this, I wish all the very best for his captainship

    By Blogger ILA (a) இளா, at 11:00 PM  

  • I agree. He is a great person. I remember the very first games he played..!! He has come a long way.

    I likes the way he presents himself, the way he speaks, everything.

    I wish I could get the book in the US. I'll try.

    By Blogger Narayanan Venkitu, at 12:11 PM  

  • corny...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

  • ila -- very much

    venkitu -- I like that aspect very much (the way he presents himself)

    anon -- truth sounds corny

    uma -- all things pass...

    By Blogger Cogito, at 11:37 AM  

  • I too wish I can get hold of the book at the earliest, he's been a role model in every way....

    I too used to cut out images of my favourite cricket starts from 'The Hindu' and paste it in notebooks....

    :)anth

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home