Cerebral Shangrila

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Cricket@weekend

Are you a Batsman or a bowler ? This innocent question left me perplexed and searching for an answer (Though I ventured with a brave "Batsman" answer). At my workplace , we decided to play cricket on the weekends for fun but with all seriousness. The Ceylon Sports club nets was booked for every weekend and Bats,cricket balls,Pads,gloves,helmets arrived from our India office ( I told them I have not even worn helmets in two wheeler much before ! ) .

The last 3 saturdays (8am-11am) has been spent toiling on the cricket grounds. The first weekend was a disaster . Most of my balls were either short pitches or full-tosses or wides though I batted quite decently. Now on the third week , I seem to have finally found my calling -- Leg spin (yeah the ball actually spins !). I am getting the line finally right (in fact the ball suddenly spun the other way and everyone thought I had bowled a googly !) and the batting seems to be getting better.

Good to play some serious sport after a loooong time ! The office team is a international mix -- Indians (70%),Pakistanis,Sinhalese,Singaporeans (Admire them for being a sport and turning up),Australians. Btw, If you are a firm based in Singapore and want to play us for a "sporting"match , drop me a comment !

4 Comments:

  • hey,
    Dropped by on your blog and realised you were a cricket fan too--though my interest is more constrained in watching criket which too is almost mull now!

    Hope you have been able to catch the latest cricket series in india!

    By Blogger Ekta, at 5:28 PM  

  • good show dude...there is a spot in the team after kumble retires!.lol. enjoy the game!

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 7:47 PM  

  • Arun shall I send "uncle" for u r help APPA

    By Blogger தி. ரா. ச.(T.R.C.), at 2:51 PM  

  • ekta -- thx for dropping by

    abhi -- thx

    confused -- welcome back

    appa - yeah we need some "sponsors" !

    By Blogger Cogito, at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home