Cerebral Shangrila

Monday, July 10, 2006

Top 10 Rain numbers - Hindi songs

Its monsoon time again. Rain holds a special place in most of our hearts. Dinesh Raheja in Rediff picks his top 10 "Rain" songs (hindi). Though there are a few surprise inclusions ( Chameli ??), the overall selection is pretty good.

For me the sight of rain evokes nostalgia of three beautiful songs ( in Hindi) . My eyes visualize " Pyaar Hua Ikrar Hua " ( From Shree 420 -- Nargis & Raj Kapoor in an umbrella is the definitive rain visual ) , my lips murmur " Rhimjim Ghire Saawan sulag sulag" ( From Manzil - What a beautiful song , excellent visuals and kishore's amazing voice. Though the lata version was shot in the rain , my lips always murmur kishore ) .

Deep in my heart the song that echoes on seeing the rain is " O Sajna barkha bahaar ( From Parakh - Salilda's excellent orchestration and Lata's melodious voice wafts across gently ) .

2 Comments:

  • how about lata's 'paani paani re' from gulzar's maachis (not a rain song per se but about the rains) and kishore's 'pyaar kar liya to kya?'..quite like them as well..

    By Blogger Abhishek Chatterjee, at 2:31 PM  

  • I found "paani paani re" to be a bit too slow and somehow I have an aversion for the 90's lata songs.

    By Blogger Cogito, at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home