Cerebral Shangrila

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bird Watching at Singapore Botanical Gardens

I was lucky to be part of amateur bird watching group (Guided by a Professional birder though) last to last weekend. We set off on a bird watching trip at the lush and beautiful Botanical Gardens on a Sunday morning.

Though I have done fair amount of bird watching (of the serious kind !) in India , my knowledge of birds is extremely limited (Even the few I used to recognize were thanks to the Salim Ali Book on Indian Birds).

The Birds I spotted included the common singapore birds such as Lesser Tree Duck, Sunbird, Striated Heron, Rock pigeon, Tailor bird, Zebra spotted dove, Black swan, common sparrow, Crow. We also spotted some rare birds such as Ashy Tailor bird, Yellow vented bulbul, black crowned heron, glossy starling and white breasted waterhen.


It was so good to be out in the sun in a morning after a long time. May be I should do it more often from now.

P.S : I have been guilty of not posting photos of most of my trips. I still use a good ol' film SLR camera and hence feel lazy to scan stuff . Also I lack a scanner at home now. If all goes well, I shall soon be armed with a Digital SLR camera !

5 Comments:

  • okie..even after marriage u r still doing the BIRD watching????

    By Blogger gormandizer, at 10:41 PM  

  • probably u still lack a sleight of hand 2 take quality pics.. chk out my blog ull be amazed..hehe..

    By Blogger Hell's Angel, at 12:40 AM  

  • Good that we cud catch most of those birds with a Nikon bino on the early hrs of that sunday morn..
    Ishu

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 AM  

  • That must've been a great outing right? It feels good to chill once in a while!

    Rashmi

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:38 PM  

  • gorm - hehe..old habits die hard.

    hell - idhu romba too much

    ishu - I finally put my sleeping binos to some use !

    rashmi - thx for dropping by, u bet !

    By Blogger Cogito, at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home