Cerebral Shangrila

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Interesting conversation

I met this very interesting person at a conference yesterday. He is Chinese and spoke English quite haltingly. Here is how the conversation went :

I : So, where are you from ( in China) ?

Him : I am from Shenzhen. Where are you from in India ?

I : I am from Chennai. Have u heard of the city ?

Him : Yes very much. I am going there this December .

I : Wow...is it a business trip ?

Him : No. I am going on my own. I have heard so much about the Indian classical music festival in that city . So, am going there to attend the festival. After which I am going to Pondicherry to visit the Aurobindo ashram. I am very excited about the trip.

I was so amazed at hearing this reply. A chinese , speaks very little english, yet is so open and daring to explore a new culture . Spent the next 10 mins giving him a quick tutorial on Carnatic music and Chennai.

That was definitely a very interesting meeting.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Yeah interesting indeed :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 PM  

  • உண்மையாண புலமையெனில் அதை வெளிநாட்டார் கண்டு வணக்கம் செய்திடல் வேண்டும்--மஹாகவி பாரதி.------- செய்கிறார்கள்

    By Blogger தி. ரா. ச.(T.R.C.), at 3:41 PM  

  • I thought he was coming to India as he couldnt get a ticket to see SIVAJI there in China

    By Blogger gormandizer, at 2:18 PM  

  • Aparna - thx

    trc - true

    gorm - :-)

    By Blogger Cogito, at 6:36 PM  

  • Yet another person like Leon..

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home