Cerebral Shangrila

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Comte De Monte Cristo , Le

It was a wish come true for me. Ever since I read the book for the first time when I was a child, the Alexander Dumas epic " The count of Monte Cristo" has always been a fascination to me. Over the years, I have re-read the novel several times ( Interestingly, the first time I read the tamil translation of the novel !).

Its a great story. Excellent characters. Terrific drama. I finally got to watch the French version of the movie over the weekend( It was a made for TV movie). Although it was over 7 hours ( in French with English subtitles) , it was a very gripping movie that particularly captured well the essence of the revenge plot.
The French star Gerard Depardieu stars in the title role.

Also got some free French lessons that stirred some dormant memories of my French class days :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home