Cerebral Shangrila

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Reader's Digest - Will they practice what they preach?

I subscribed to the Reader's digest magazine since the start of this year. As most people would know, RD is one of the most popular general interest magazine in the world with local editions covering a range of topics that often feature humanity, individual empowerment and social responsibility at its core.

I was rudely shocked when I started receiving " sweepstakes" spam letters ever since the start of my subscription. For a magazine that writes so much on the need for a green world, the amount of junk mails ( not email) that they send is staggering. I am now searching for an "Opt-out" clause from these junk mails and this whole episode has lowered my respect for RD as a publication.

Will they practice what they preach?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home