Cerebral Shangrila

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tuesdays with morrie - book review

After losing my battle with idleness, I chanced upon the library at the resort. It was raining cats & dogs, a perfect afternoon for book reading. Hidden amongst the popular fiction titles was this little gem by Mitch albom. I had heard of this book before, thanks to amazon's recommendation list.

The book is about the reflections on life by a dying professor narrated to his favorite student. As the title says it's about " an old man, a young man, and life's greatest lesson". Albom meets his teacher every tuesday until morrie finally loses his battle to als.Morrie is that favorite teacher we ever had - more a friend than a teacher. Morrie offers simple yet deep insights on the purpose& meaning of life. The topics range from family, love, emotions, aging, money, marriage, today's culture and death.morrie's observations are completely devoid of ego & preachiness yet offers sagely advice for the younger generation.

We have just one life. Let us live it rather than passing through the motions. Life isn't an act and even if it is , sadly, you don't get a second chance.

A perfect lesson for me as I strive to answer the larger questions of life. In an eerie coincidance, I read this book on a Tuesday !

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home